07/08/2013

Red 2 (2013)

Well I know I've seen the original 'Red' (I gave it 3 stars on Rotten Tomatoes) but I'll be damned if I can remember anything about it, though that might be booze linked, but I was still rather surprised to see a sequel was to be released.

Basically Bruce Willis plays a retired C.I.A agent who is called up to hunt down a missing portable nuclear weapon.Yep, it's all a bit 1980's cold war, with bad ass Ruskies, gun fights, things blowing up, cliche's galore (a car chase in France with a Citroen 2CV, bombs with obligatory digital countdown timers) but it's enjoyable never the less, with one heck of a cast too (Malvovich, Mirren, Zeta Jones etc) and we get Anthony Hopkins hamming it up as a special agent Lector style, and you gotta love John Malovich "Shall I do something with my Mr Chemistry set?"

All very silly, but entertaining.

*****

No comments: